There have been a
ton of changes at Zazzle recently and one of these is to limit storekeepers to
a maximum of 100k products on any one account.
Now the number of
designers this will affect is reasonably small as very few have more than this
number of items in their stores, but for those big sellers with hundreds of
thousands or even millions of products this must be quite a heavy blow to their
plans.
I must admit I
have had dreams of having millions of products in my Zazzle stores one day in
the distant future. This announcement has made me think more clearly about my
plan.
As I can only
have 100 thousand products – I intend to have that number, and as quickly as
possible! My thinking is that once I have
the max quantity, I can tweak and improve to my hearts content and also free up
time to work on other sites and projects.
I have already
been designing on Zazzle for 4 years, but only seriously for the past 2 years,
and right now I have around 25,000 items spread across my various stores. So
increasing this number to the maximum is a stretch, particularly as the
templates I made for Quick Create to make more than 1 product at a time have
been working erratically if at all for the past month.
Still I am
determined to do it, but I refuse to post things that nobody is going to want
to buy so my quality control has to be spot on.
Working flat out
for the next few weeks I hope to be able to add another 75,000 products to my
stores by the end of April – wish me luck!
One of my new
designs – a simple colorful pattern available on a range of products.
Bright Colorful Stripes in Red Turquoise Hot Pink Tripod Lamp by LarkDesigns
Check out other Bright stripes Lamp-In-A-Box Lamp at zazzle.com
No comments:
Post a Comment