Thursday, 31 March 2016

Zazzle Sales Have Stopped Dead





For the past few months, until six days ago, I have been consistently selling at least 1 or 2 products per day on Zazzle, better in the run up to Holidays.

I haven’t sold a thing for the past five days.

Is this because I have been creating new designs and putting them on items like a crazy thing? Now I haven’t done this without care – I have used my own Quick Create Templates and only put each design on products that it fit well. I have written good descriptions, titles and tags and have edited them as I go so that they are not identical on all items. Plus I have not used the same design on more than 50 different products in most cases. My store’s ZRank (5) has not changed.

But the fact remains that I am not making any sales.

As this thing that is the internet is my only source of income, I need to make money to live. So if Zazzle is failing me, I need to go elsewhere.

I could make an immediate income (I have before) by writing articles for content mills.  Places like iWriter and Textbroker where the pay is appallingly small and writing about topics that you know nothing about, and care even less, is mandatory.

But I prefer to put my efforts into something that may not pay out immediately but should make a regular residual income in the longer term, even if I have to live on fresh air for the next few months.

A few weeks ago I started compiling a list of places where I can earn for writing blog posts or articles for revenue share, creating products for print on demand or writing reviews in the hope of selling affiliate products. Some of these sites I have used before, some not. At the moment this list contains 41 possible sources of income.

I was surprised to find that the site where I am closest to getting a payout is Hubpages. I only need another $11.69 to get my next $50 payment. As currently I am making $0.01 to $0.02 a day there it could take some time!

Almost all of my 70 odd Hubs have been unpublished for one reason or another as I haven’t visited the site to update them for at least a couple of years, so the fact that anything at all is still trickling in from there is encouraging. With some housekeeping of old hubs and a few new ones, there could be a neglected source of income here.

No comments:

Post a Comment