Monday, 22 February 2016

A Site to Write for Revenue Sharing



I mentioned dailytwocents.com before as a site where you can write about more or less anything you like and get paid on a pay-per-view basis. This has all changed now.

DTC no longer pays per view but as a revenue share of Google ads – so you ideally need an Adsense account, which I understand are not that easy to come by these days – I have had mine for years. Plus there is a minimum payout of $100 so it can take some time to build up to that.

The one big advantage with DTC is that you can include Amazon or other affiliate ad links in your posts (maximum of 2).  You can include links to your own sites if you have any or your Zazzle, Etsy or eBay store.

Everything else about Daily Two Cents is pretty much bad. The site looks like it has been build by a 12 year old. The huge amounts of spammy and irrelevant advertising they put on every post is horrible. The site is generally slow and clunky and if you don’t advertise your posts yourself they are unlikely to get much, if any, traffic.

This is one of my most recent posts and you can see the quantity and quality of the ads that are placed on every post all the writers publish.


So why do I bother with it?

Firstly, I have a chunk of cash sitting in my Adsense account that is not enough for payout and as I have more or less abandoned my own websites that were generating this money, I need another source.

Secondly, I have a ton of unused articles and blog posts sitting on the hard drive of my computer and I might as well put them somewhere with a small chance of generating some income.

So far this month my clicks from DTC have only added about $1 to the pot and a very few clicks on Amazon, but no sales. However, I still only have a handful of posts published so I am going to plug on with it for a few weeks and see whether it proves worth my time.

Writers T-shirts from Zazzle

 I'm a Writer what's your superpower? T Shirts Writer's Block Tee Shirts Book Lovers / Writers & Authors Tees PLEASE DO NOT ANNOY THE WRITER. SHE MAY... T-SHIRT

No comments:

Post a Comment